***Update: 27 September 2010***
A new version of Hurricane Model Stats is here (version 184.108.40.206): Hurricane Model Stats.
This program will analyze hurricane model files (A-Deck) that regional centers produce for Invest and active systems world-wide.
Some of the features available:
- (New in ver 220.127.116.11) Fixes the problem with the bottom of the graph not showing up on the screen with some screen resolutions.
- (New in ver 18.104.22.168) Add an auto update feature for the software. When a new version is available, it will be detected, downloaded and upgraded.
- (New in ver 1.1) Auto download and import of model files based on user defined interval
- (New in ver 1.1) Save graph images as PNG files
- (New in ver 1.1) FTP upload images
- (New in ver 1.1) Save track error output and HTML file
- (New in ver 1.1) FTP upload track error HTML file
- (New in ver 1.1) Create model groups to quickly select same type models for comparison
- (New in ver 1.1) New "Rebuild Dictionaries" for faster database queries
- Graph track errors for each model
- Graph forecast storm intensity based on model output.
- Easy to see which model is handling the storm the best
- Can compare models per storm, or by multiple years
- Simple to use
If you use Global Tracks, you can use those model files instead of downloading them.
For now, this program is free to use and I hope to keep it that way.
Please let me know if you have any feedback.
***Global Tracks 2010 update****:
Since I've been working on the Hurricane Model Stats program, the progress on Global Tracks 2010 has been slow. I made a conscious decision to do this because the current version of GT is working and I wanted to add something new for analyzing model files.
GT 2010 is a complete rework using Google Maps within an application instead of the old mapping components used before. Due to this, it is a significant job and is going slow. When I do have GT 2010 to the point to release as a beta, it will be limited in features and will mainly be able to plot storm tracks and model tracks. I'll add more features over time and try to make timely release updates.
The current release of Global Tracks is 7.4.2, released on 2 Oct 2009
Full install download setup file (~54MB): http://www.extremewx.com/gt/downloads/gt742setup.exe
Upgrade from version 7.4.1 (~3.9MB): http://www.extremewx.com/gt/downloads/gt742Patch.exe
If you get an error while installing saying the file is corrupt, this is usually do to an incomplete download. You will need to clear your browsers cache (Tools -> Internet Options menu in IE) and try the download again. The downloaded file should be the same as the above indicated file sizes.
Visit our support forum for support questions and answers (must register first).